AT A GLANCE:
La Sporthèque de Hull is the premier fitness and recreation facility in the Outaouais region with over 5300 members and more than 2000 clients. When it first opened in 1981, the Sportheque offered members access to racquet sports and the gym. Some 30 years later, it has expanded to six squash courts, three racquetball courts and five tennis courts therefore meeting the needs of members in terms of racquet sports. The 82,800 square foot complex has expanded eleven times since its inception in 1981, culminating with its expansion in 1995, adding a million dollar indoor pool and whirlpool. The pool has three swimming lanes and a round area very popular for its Aquafitness classes and parent and tot classes, as well as for its shallow water ramp used for preschool swimmers. There are also saunas in the locker rooms. Since 2007, a salt water treatment system has made many of our clients happy. In 2003, the cardiovascular fitness center and weight-training surfaces were enlarged to 4000 square feet, a 2400 square foot aerobics studio and a Zen studio were inaugurated accommodating the ever-growing mind/body programs such as Pilates, Tai Chi and Yoga. More recently, the tennis courts have been revitalized.
The Sportheque's constant concern for improving its member’s health and well-being has never stopped improving the services it offers in a smart and varied way. You can see the 2011 improvements and new features in our 2011 programming guide. To celebrate the club's 30th anniversary, we are planning on building two additional indoor tennis courts in order to meet the increasing demand of our clients and recruits. This also project will also allow us to host international level tennis competitions in March 2012. For example, the very popular Tennis Canada and of Tennis Professionals (ATP)'s National Bank Futures tennis tournament will be held at the Sportheque from March 3rd to 11th 2012.
2011 newest features:
- Aquatics sector men's locker room renovation (summer 2011);
- Construction of two brand new indoor tennis courts (fall 2011);
- Additional special programs to be added to the regular prestige membership (summer 2011);
- A newly redesigned Programming guide (summer 2011);
- New special program courses (summer/fall 2011);
- Online reservations available for tennis/squash/racquetball courts, bicycles and indoor bicycles (spring 2011).
- A three 20-meter lane indoor pool with salt water treatment system and a whirlpool ;
- Five (5) tennis courts;
- Six (6) courts de squash
- Three (3) racquetball courts;
- Cardiovascular fitness area;
- Muscle-building and weight-training area;
- Three (3) group fitness studios (aerobics, indoor cycling and special programs);
- Spa and steam room in every changing room on the second floor.
Complementay club services:
- Special programming online registration through our website;
- Day care center;
- Boutique Au Service;
- Sportheque bistro
- Junior summer camps (March Break camp and summer camp);
- Personnal trainers and nutritionnist;
- Physiotherapy (Santé Universelle);
Mission Statement :
The warm atmosphere and the hands-on presence of management reinforces the club's mission: "Providing members and non-members with a stimulating and fulfilling experience, a warm welcome, sympathy and professional, high quality and varied services in order to encourage them to get back in shape and stay in shape while relaxing: in other words, a second home. "
" Be the premier fitness and recreation facility in the Outaouais region."
- Prioritizing member welcoming;
- Customer service must be flawless, polite and always accompanied by a smile;
- Tidiness is a priority for everyone, inside and outside;
- Building a happy working team that shares the same philosophy and where workers respect and accept each other;
- Offering professional services on all levels.
Member Profile :
Club members are mostly urban families and mainly adults aged 31 to 60.